Free agent S Duke Ihenacho indicated via his Twitter account that he’ll likely e moving on and playing for a team other than Redskins next year.
No hard feelings. Everything is business.
— Duke (@NachoLyfe) March 16, 2017
Ihenacho did say that he like to play in Los Angeles next year.
I would play anywhere, but I would looooove to stay in LA and play. #BringMeHome
— Duke (@NachoLyfe) March 18, 2017
Rich Tandler of CSN Mid-Atlantic has mentioned that one issue with Ihenacho for the Redskins was that he freelanced on defense at times.
- Brian Costello reports that free agent QB Josh McCown had dinner tonight with Jets HC Todd Bowles and GM Mike Maccagnan Saturday night.
- A report from earlier mentioned that the two sides have begun discussing the parameters of a potential agreement. (NFLTR)
- According to Rob Demovsky, the Packers signed CB Davon House to a one-year contract worth $2.8 million and included an $850,000 signing bonus to go along with $300,000 in per-game roster bonuses a $150,000 workout bonus.
- Demovsky points out that this contract makes House the highest paid cornerback on their roster.
- Herbie Teope reports that the Saints were among the interested teams in CB A.J. Bouye during the legal tampering period.
- Outside of Bouye and Patriots restricted free agent CB Malcolm Butler, Teope mentions that the Saints were also interested in Marcus Cooper before he signed with the Bears.