- Darren Wolfson reports that CFL WR Duron Carter is expected to make a decision regarding who he’ll be signing with this week.
- According to Wolfson, the Vikings “remain well-positioned” to sign Carter, although there are other teams in the mix as well.
- Pat Yasinskas of ESPN writes that the Buccaneers need to sign LB Lavonte David to a contract extension this offseason.
- Yasinskas suggests that David could command an annual salary close to $7 million per season, but another solid season could push that price tag up even further.
- HC Bruce Arians said the team’s next defensive coordinator “will be hired from within” and an announcement is expected to be made next week. (Chris Law)
- Impending free agent FS Mike Adams would like to re-sign with the Colts and it sounds like the feeling is mutual.
“Mike Adams defies everything,” GM Ryan Grigson said, via Mike Wells of ESPN.com. “You love that he’s a fighter. You love that he gets to play in this Pro Bowl. I couldn’t be happier for anyone because he’s kind of that example of a poster child for the underdog. Yet, Mike Adams, I don’t know if a lot of people know this, he ran a 4.40 coming out. He was a highly recruited, big-time recruit coming out. It wasn’t like he was some average Joe. Mike just slipped through the cracks. He managed to have such ball production this year at key times for us.”
- “Industry sources” tell Geoff Mosher Eagles executive Ed Marynowitz and Dolphins scout Chris Grier are believed to be the “leading candidates” to be team’s new general manager.