- According to Dane Brugler, Notre Dame RB C.J. Prosise will only perform the 40-yard dash, vertical and broad jumps at the NFL Combine.
- Prosise will save the rest of his workouts for his Pro Day, but says he feels completely recovered from the ankle injury he sustained last season.
- Kansas State OT Cody Whitehair says several NFL clubs have spoken to him about switching to the center position. (Chase Goodbread)
- Western Michigan OT Willie Beavers had a formal interview with the Packers at some point this week, via Packer Report.
Browns HC Hue Jackson guaranteed that they will select a quarterback in the 2016 NFL Draft, but did not specify what round.
“We will come out of this draft with a quarterback, I guarantee you that,” said Jackson, via Mary Kay Cabot. “Now where it’s going to be, everybody wants me to say it’s the second pick. Well, it could be, it could not be. I think what we have to do is feel good about where we are in the process of evaluating the guys that are here and then going from there and making the decision what’s best for us.”
Jackson went on to say that he would prefer drafting a quarterback over signing one through free agency, but it will still be an option to consider.
“We’ll do whatever we can to improve our football team,” said Jackson. “Free agency, draft, but I think we want to be major players in the draft moreso than we are in free agency because I think that’s how you get guys on your team and you keep ’em. But if we see an opportunity that fits for us and it’s the right thing for us to do in free agency, we’ll do that, too, because I think that’s important.”
Jackson also acknowledged that he will continue to evaluate the top two quarterback prospects in North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz and California’s Jared Goff.
- When asked on the status of DE Greg Hardy, Cowboys HC Jason Garrett replied: “He’s a free agent.” (Jon Machota)
- Garrett said he has not spoken with DE Randy Gregory since he was suspended for violating the league’s substance abuse policy last week. (Todd Archer)
- Mike Fisher reports that QB Tony Romo is expected to have a six to eight week recovery time from clavicle surgery, but will be recovered in time for OTAs.
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said the team is in contract talks with QB Sam Bradford‘s agent. (Nick Fierro)
- Pederson believes that Bradford wants to remain with Philadelphia, but a lot of work still remains. (Ian Rapoport)
- Additionally, Eagles executive Howie Roseman said “we’ve been pretty clear” that the team would like to re-sign Bradford. (Ben Volin)
- Interesting enough, Pederson went on to say that he feels QB Chase Daniels is ready to become a starting quarterback and has proven he can take over when necessary. (Ian Rapoport)
- Pederson also said the team has a contingency plan in the event Bradford departs through free agency. (Jeff McLane)
- Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome said the team is in position to be “very active” in free agency without having to restructure QB Joe Flacco‘s contract .
- According to Newsome, OLB Terrell Suggs and WR Steve Smith are progressing well from their injuries and are expected to be ready for the season opener. (Aaron Wilson)
- Newsome labeled Eugene Monroe as the team’s starting right tackle since RT Kelechi Osemele is an impending free agent. (Aaron Wilson)
- Additionally, Newsome said Lardarius Webb will start offseason workouts as a safety next season. (Aaron Wilson)
- In regards to the draft, Newsome said he will avoid drafting players with sexual assault backgrounds. (Chase Goodbread)