- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Seahawks director of college scouting Scott Fitterer is expected to interview for the Eagles GM position this week.
Michael Rothstein of ESPN writes that if the Lions use their franchise tag DT Ndamukong Suh or sign him to a long-term contract, it would almost assure that free agent DT Nick Fairley will be playing elsewhere next year.
- Assuming that the Lions will be in the market for a defensive tackle, Rothstein suggests Terrence Cody, Stephen Paea, Da’Quan Bowers and Jared Odrick could be options for them to consider in free agency.
- DE Jason Jones is a potential cap cut due to his $3,983 million cap number, according to Rothstein.
- Rothstein could see the Lions targeting a running back in the middle rounds of this year’s NFL Draft.
- Newton mentions that it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Panthers designate RB DeAngelo Williams as a June 1 cut.
Mike Triplett writes that its a priority for the Saints to find offensive line upgrades in the draft and/or free agency.
- Triplett doesn’t believe it would it make much sense for the Saints to use a high draft on a quarterback this year, despite some reports that have said it’s a possibility.
- Another priority for New Orleans, according to Triplett, is to find upgrades at cornerback.
Ben Goessling of ESPN could see the Vikings trading back into the first round, much like they did for Teddy Bridgewater, if someone like Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon was available and they were prepared to move on without Adrian Peterson.