- According to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, LeGarrette Blount‘s one-year contract with the Eagles includes a $200,000 signing bonus with $200,000 of his $900,000 salary being paid out at the start of training camp.
- Blount also receives a $50,000 bonus for weighing between 240-245 pounds at the start of camp and can make rushing incentives by totaling 1,200 yards ($750,000), 10 touchdowns ($600,000), making the Pro Bowl ($200,000), and a total of $100,000 for every game he is active.
- Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com projects Ziggy Ansah, Kerry Hyder Jr., and Cornelius Washington to all make the cut this summer and earn spots on the 53-man roster.
- According to Twentyman, Armonty Bryant, Anthony Zettel, Brandon Copeland, Pat O’Connor, Alex Barrett, and Jeremiah Valoaga figure to open training camp on the roster bubble.
- Twentyman says he’ll have his eye on Zettel in the coming weeks and believed he could “really take off in year two” with the Lion.
Titans WR Tajae Sharpe called assault allegations stemming from an incident in April a “blatant money grab“, while he and teammate G Sebastian Tretola, who was also involved, filed counter claims against their accuser.
“This is, sadly, part of the business, and being a paid professional athlete,” Sharpe said, via John Glennon of FanRag Sports Network. “Everybody wants to get their hands on you. Everybody wants to be around you. So you have to kind of watch certain things you do, moves you make. I’m not perfect, just like nobody else is. But I’m learning day by day, and I’ll just continue to grow.”
Sharpe is still waiting to hear whether criminal charges will be filed in the matter. However, it doesn’t appear that he’s all that worried about the situation.
“I’m just looking forward to moving on,” Sharpe said. “I’m real spiritual, so I’ve been praying a lot, kind of asking the man upstairs to keep me in the right position, keep my head on straight and just continue to be the same person I know I am, to continue to be me.
“I’ll keep my faith, and I know this too shall pass. So, I’m just trying to keep my mind focused.”