Home / Eagles / NFL Notes: Eagles, Panthers, Redskins, Saints, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Eagles, Panthers, Redskins, Saints, & Vikings
- David Newton mentions that it’s his gut feeling that the Panthers will ultimately take a receiver or a running back in round one if the right player is still on the board at No. 25.
- Newton lists Central Florida’s Breshard Perriman, Miami’s Phillip Dorsett, Ohio State’s Devin Smith and USC’s Nelson Agholor as receivers to keep an eye on for Carolina.
- Newton seriously doubts the Panthers would take Oklahoma WR Doriel Green-Beckham in round one.
- In the event the Redskins exercise Robert Griffin III’s fifth-year option, John Keim believes owner Dan Synder would likely be the driving force behind the move.
- Keim wouldn’t be surprised if the team ultimately elected to exercise RGIII‘s option, but he believes there’s still risk involved.
- Mike Triplett writes that the Saints won’t force themselves into a position where they have to take an edge rusher at No. 13 overall.
- Instead, Triplett could see them grabbing a receiver or defensive lineman at No. 13 and then looking for a cornerback or inside linebacker at No. 31 overall.
- In round two, Triplett mentions that the Saints could look for a guard or tight end.
- Triplett believes Arizona State WR Jaelen Strong and Miami WR Phillip Dorsett could both make sense for the Saints at No. 31 or No. 44 overall.
- Triplett sees Washington’s Shaq Thompson, UCLA’s Eric Kendricks and TCU’s P.J. Dawson as intriguing options for the Saints given that they could use some athleticism at inside linebacker.
- Ben Goessling considers Chad Greenway to still be the team’s best option at weakside linebacker, even though Gerald Hodges could push him for the job.
- Despite reports that Adrian Peterson may want the Vikings to guarantee a portion of the remaining money in his contract, Goessling doesn’t think money is a bigger issue than loyalty to Peterson.
- In fact, Goessling believes Peterson would be willing to take less money to facilitate a trade.
Tags Adrian Peterson Brandon Boykin Breshard Perriman Chad Greenway Devin Smith Doriel Green-Beckham Eric Kendricks Evan Mathis Fletcher Cox Gerald Hodges Jaelen Strong Mychal Kendricks Nelson Agholor P.J. Dawson Phillip Dorsett Robert Griffin III Sam Bradford Shaq Thompson