- Field Yates of ESPN reports that Eagles RB Darren Sproles will collect a $500,000 roster bonus today, as part of his new one-year extension.
- Doug Kyed of NESN offers his latest attempt at projecting the Patriots’ 53-man roster.
Kyed has New England keeping five running backs, but parting ways with Donald Brown and Tyler Gaffney.
- At receiver, Kyed can see them keeping six for the 2016 season, but cutting Nate Washington and Aaron Dobson.
- Kyed has the Patriots placing G Jonathan Cooper on injured reserve and Tre’ Jackson on the PUP list to open the year.
- Other notable roster cuts, according to Kyed, include: TE Bear Pascoe, DT Markus Kuhn, CB E.J. Biggers, S Brock Vereen and S Vinnie Sunseri.
Steelers veteran ILB Lawrence Timmons said he’s still hoping to finish out his career in Pittsburgh.
“I’ve been playing here forever,” Timmons said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I’ve only been with one franchise. I want to keep it that way.”
Timmons is in the final year of his contract and could end up testing the open market next year, depending on how contract talks go with the Steelers.
Texans owner Bob McNair said he’s relieved WR DeAndre Hopkins has elected to end his brief holdout and return to the practice field.
“I’m happy that he’s back,” McNair said, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “I think it’s in his best interest for him to be here.
“We’ll deal with his contract at the proper time. We take care of our players and we’ll take care of him.”