Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Eagles, Packers, Rams, & Saints
NFL Notes: Browns, Eagles, Packers, Rams, & Saints
- Browns executive VP of football operations Sashi Brown confirmed he has the final say on the roster. (Steve Doerschuk)
- Brown said said of Johnny Manziel: “We’re not in a panic to make a decision one way or another on him.” (Tony Grossi)
- Brown said suspended WR Josh Gordon “could be back” with team if reinstated while adding: “We’d sit down with Josh and see where he is.” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- On LT Joe Thomas, Brown said: “He’s going to be a big piece of what we do moving forward.” (Tony Grossi)
- Browns chief strategy officer Paul DePodesta plans to continue to living in California and commute to Cleveland. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Jimmy Kempski suggests free agent DT Nick Fairley as someone could end up being a bargain signing this offseason.
- Kempski notes that Fairley previously played for new Eagles’ DC Jim Schwartz while in Detroit, so this could be something to at least keep an eye on.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk seems to think Packers HC Mike McCarthy could enter the 2016 season on the hot seat, given that Green Bay hasn’t performed all that well in the playoffs since their 2010 Super Bowl title.
- Jim Thomas mentions that it looks like Rams HC Jeff Fisher is leaning more towards hiring a passing game coordinator and having Rob Boras as his offensive coordinator.
- Thomas adds that the Rams are interested in former Eagles OC Pat Shurmur for this post.
- Mike Triplett of ESPN wonders if P Thomas Morestead could be more of a luxury for the Saints.
- Triplett doesn’t expect the Saints to cut ties with Morstead this year, but there’s at least some question about whether he’ll be back seeing as he’s scheduled to make $3.5 million in salary and bonuses.
Tags Johnny Manziel Josh Gordon Mike McCarthy Nick Fairley Pat Shurmur Paul DePodesta Rob Boras Sashi Brown Thomas Morstead