Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Earl Mitchell, Bengals, Patriots, Raiders
NFL Notes: Earl Mitchell, Bengals, Patriots, Raiders
- Mike Klis reports that free agent DT Earl Mitchell is scheduled to visit with the Seahawks and 49ers before meeting with the Broncos on Wednesday and into Thursday.
- After that, Mitchell will travel to meet with the Falcons for a final visit.
- Mitchell reportedly cut a list of eight interested teams down to these four finalists, according to Klis.
- Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com says that RB Giovani Bernard‘s rehab from an ACL injury is going great and the possibility exists that he will not open the 2017 season on the PUP list. Hobson admits that Bernard may miss a game or two but should be ready to go after that.
- Hobson could see the Bengals drafting a running back fairly early.
- In regards to their No. 9 overall pick, Hobson gets the sense that they won’t target any specific position and will instead make a “pure value pick” no matter what they do in free agency.
- Mark Daniels of the Providence Journal writes that even though TE Martellus Bennett is going to command a lot of money as a free agent, the Patriots should still “make a run” at re-signing him in the coming weeks.
- Daniels mentions that with Rob Gronkowski coming off of back surgery, the Patriots may need to find an adequate replacement in case he can’t stay healthy. As of now, it remains to be seen when Gronkowski will be able to return, but he’s under contract for another three years, so the Patriots have some time to figure things out at the position.
- Paul Gutierrez of ESPN believes the Raiders should consider re-signing free agent DT Stacy McGee, given that he’s shown some ability to be an interior pass-rusher and a run-stopper.
- Gutierrez admits that McGee’s injuries are a concern, but as long as everything checks out from a medical standpoint, it would make sense for them to bring him back, especially if doesn’t command a big contract.
Tags Earl Mitchell Giovani Bernard Martellus Bennett Rob Gronkowski Stacy McGee