- According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, there’s a “solid market” for veteran G Evan Mathis.
- Robinson expects things to pick up in regards to Mathis once veteran minicamps end and teams have fully assessed their offensive line talent.
- Brad Biggs wouldn’t be surprised to see the Bears sign a veteran offensive lineman before the start of training camp.
- Adam Caplan has spoken to at least one NFL general manager who believes the Eagles got the better end of the LeSean McCoy-for-Kiko Alonso trade.
- Caplan notes that Alonso is a “rare player” with both size and speed who can be used in a variety of ways such as a pass rush and in coverage.
Vikings S Harrison Smith mentioned that a contract extension is the “furthest thing from my mind” right now.
“That’s the furthest thing from my mind,” Smith said Thursday, via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “I’m really just focused on playing the best type of football I can. That stuff will work itself out. I’m happy to be here and happy to be a part of the Vikings, but all I’m thinking about right now is playing well in 2015.”