- Tom Pelissero of NFL Media, citing a league source, reports that the NFL has not engaged in any settlement discussions with the attorneys for Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott.
- According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, the league believes it’s possible that the court will rule from the bench on Monday.
- Elliott’s appeal of the six-game suspension handed down the NFL is set to be heard in federal appeals court on Monday.
Former Miami Dolphins P Brandon Fields announced his retirement from the NFL, via his agent Ian Greengross on Friday.
— Ian Greengross (@iangreengross) September 29, 2017
- Adam Schefter reports that MRI results came back negative on Packers RB Jamaal Williams‘ knee.
- According to Schefter, Williams has no ligament damage and the injury is “purely muscular.”
- Williams could miss the team’s Week 5 game against the Cowboys, but it’s unlikely he’ll be out any longer than that.
- The Baltimore Ravens officially ruled out DT Brandon Williams on Sunday.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said of Williams’ status: “It’s a matter of weeks when he got hurt. I’ll have my fingers crossed in the upcoming week or two.” (Jeff Zrebiec)