NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said that they are not looking to reach a settlement deal with Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott, despite a recent report that said the two parties had discussed a potential deal.
“We’re not looking to make a deal, we’re very confident our arguments will prevail in court,” Lockhart said Friday, via Ian Rapoport.
“Any time you see a player balloon up like Arden Key has, it’s a big concern. Whether you are dealing with injuries or not, there are certain conditioning and nutrition standards you need to be following,” the scout said.
LSU coach Ed Orgeron revealed last week that Key’s weight had reached 270 pounds, which is fairly concerning given that his listed playing weight last season was 238 pounds.
Key also missed the first two games of this season after he underwent offseason shoulder surgery.
- The Bears officially ruled out WR Markus Wheaton for Sunday’s game against the Panthers with a groin injury.
- Chicago also has LB John Timu and CB Sherrick McManis both listed as doubtful and LB Nick Kwiatkoski (chest), C Hroniss Grasu (hand), and RB Benny Cunningham (hamstring) are all questionable for Week 7.
- The Carolina Panthers officially ruled out LB Luke Kuechly for Week 7 with a concussion.
- The Panthers expect veteran C Ryan Kalil to return this weekend, which will be his first game played since Week 1. (Max Henson)
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera said that S Kurt Coleman is questionable and will be a game-day decision if he plays. (Max Henson)
- Carolina listed C Ryan Kalil (neck), WR Kelvin Benjamin (knee), S Kurt Coleman (knee), K Graham Gano (knee), and DE Charles Johnson (groin) all as questionable.