Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Ezekiel Elliott, Jets, Raiders
NFL Notes: Ezekiel Elliott, Jets, Raiders
- Adam Schefter mentioned during an appearance on ESPN’s “Outside the Lines” that the new assault allegations against Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott are “bad timing” for him, given that the NFL is still looking into the domestic violence allegations against him.
- According to Schefter, Elliott was scheduled to issue a response to the NFL’s finding from their investigation at some point this week and the league was expected to make a ruling on the matter at some point after.
- Schefter mentions that there “various forms of discipline” that Elliott could be subject to, considering that he has had numerous off-field incidents.
- Elliott was also cited for going 100 mph in his 2016 Dodge Charger earlier this year. (Dallas Morning News)
- Rich Cimini projects Matt Forte to remain the Jets’ starting running back with Bilal Powell and Elijah McGuire operating as the team’s reserves.
- Cimini does, however, admit that Forte is likely to share the workload with Powell this year, even if Forte opens games as the team’s starter.
- This leaves Jordan Todman and FB Julian Howsare on the roster bubble for the start of training camp.
- The Raiders currently have around $10.5 million in available cap space to work with before the start of training camp.
- Paul Gutierrez of ESPN mentions that Oakland still has to sign their top-two draft picks — first-rounder Gareon Conley and second-rounder Obi Melifonwu — to contracts, which would leave them with around $7.9 million once those deals are officially agreed to.
- Gutierrez says that many have expected the Raiders to add depth at inside linebacker for months now and lists Perry Riley Jr., Rey Maualuga, and Zach Orr as the most notable free agents still available.
Tags Bilal Powell Elijah McGuire Ezekiel Elliott Gareon Conley Jordan Todman Julian Howsare Matt Forte Obi Melifonwu Perry Riley Jr. Rey Maualuga Zach Orr