Home / Falcons / NFL Notes: Falcons, Jets, Patriots, Seahawks, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Falcons, Jets, Patriots, Seahawks, & Vikings
- Rich Cimini reports that neither the Jets or Muhammad Wilkerson‘s agent are commenting about their ongoing contract negotiations.
- However, Cimini adds that the current sense in league circles is that the Jets are unlikely to have a deal in place with Wilkerson by the start of the season.
- Cimini mentions that the Jets do have their franchise tag at their disposal next year in case they can’t get something done.
- Joey Corry points out that the new six-year, $100 million extension signed by Bills DT Marcell Dareus will only complicate matters even further.
- According to Joel Corry, the Patriots have picked up $1,833,334 of cap room by signing LT Nate Solder to a new contract extension.
- Corry points out that Solder’s 2015 salary of $7.438 million was reduced to $1.438 million.
- Solder receives a signing bonus of $12.5 million along with his 2015 and 2016 base salaries of $1.438 million and $6 million guaranteed, per Corry.
- Rand Geltin mentions that Seahawks DE Michael Bennett wants his pay to reflect his performance just like S Kam Chancellor, who’s holding out for a new deal, but Bennett elected to show up to training camp and has done everything right.
- Getlin adds that it would send to Bennett, and every other Seahawks’ player who has multiple years left on a deal that it’s worth holding out in the end.
Tags Brian Leonhardt C.J. Roberts Jordan Tripp Kam Chancellor Michael Bennett Muhammad Wilkerson Nate Solder Ri’Shard Anderson