- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe writes that it would not be surprising to see “most” of the franchise players including Von Miller, Alshon Jeffery, Eric Berry, Muhammad Wilkerson, Trumaine Johnson, and Justin Tucker sign contract extension before next week’s deadline.
- Recent reports have indicated that Miller, Berry and Tucker are the three players to keep an eye in regards to long-term deals.
Broncos DC Wade Phillips mentioned that Walker has “really come on” during OTAs.
“Vance Walker has really come on. He played well for us last year. He’s rushing the passer really well,” Phillips said. “He did rush well at the end of the year last year and I think he’s picked up from there.”
Free agent addition Jared Crick and second-round DL Adam Gotsis could also be in the mix at some point.
- Brian Costello of the New York Post writes that S Marcus Gilchrist reminds HC Todd Bowles of Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu, due to his versatility. Bowles believes they can utilize Gilchrist around the field like a chess piece.
- Rich Tandler of CSN Mid-Atlantic is “100-percent” confident that Spencer Long will be the Redskins Week 1 starter at left guard over Shawn Lauvao.
- However, Tarik El-Bashir believes Lauvao will be the guy, considering that he’s still in the prime of his career, has more experience and is a good fit for Bill Callahan’s scheme.