Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports takes a look at the odds of some of the more notable free agents being franchised in the next week.
- According to La Canfora, there’s a 100-percent chance of Redskins QB Kirk Cousins, Cardinals DE Chandler Jones and Panthers DT Kawann Short being franchised in the coming days.
- La Canfora gives Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell a 90-percent chance of being tagged, but he isn’t completely ruling out the two sides getting a long-term deal at some point in the near future.
- According to La Canfora, Rams CB Trumaine Johnson, Chargers OLB Melvin Ingram and Browns WR Terrelle Pryor both have a 75-percent chance of being tagged.
- La Canfora believes the Chiefs will tag either tag S Eric Berry or DT Dontari Poe, depending on if they can get a long-term deal done with one of them.
- La Canfora gives Patriots LB Dont’a Hightower and Texans CB A.J. Bouye just a 25-percent of being franchised.
- Free agent WR Robert Woods told Sirius XM NFL Radio that there’s still hope of re-signing with the Bills: “I think there is always hope to re-sign in Buffalo. That is my first team and my first love.”
- Woods added that he spoke to GM Doug Whaley at the end of the season, but things may have changed now that they’ve hired Sean McDermott as their new head coach. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- The Green Bay Packers announced Friday that they’ve hired former 49ers director of college scouting Matt Malaspina as a college scout.
- Mike Jones of the Washington Post, citing multiple people close to the situation, reports that the Redskins are planning to meet with the representatives of their impending free agents next week at the Scouting Combine.
- According to Jones, the Redskins are believed to have a “stronger desire” to re-sign WR Pierre Garcon than WR DeSean Jackson.
- Jones adds that it’s unlikely they’ll be able to retain both players, as they should be able to command between $9 million – $11 million per on the open market.