Jason La Canfora offers odds for each of this year’s franchise players and their chances of securing a long-term contract before Friday’s deadline.
- At the top of the list, La Canfora has Von Miller, whom he believes has a 95 percent shot of working out a deal with the Broncos. La Canfora has spoken to executives and agents around the NFL who would be “very surprised” if this deal doesn’t get done in the end.
- As for Ravens K Justin Tucker, La Canfora thinks he has a 75 percent shot of getting signed to a long-term deal
- Chiefs S Eric Berry has a 50 percent chance of landing a new deal from Kansas City, according to La Canfora.
- La Canfora reports that the Rams and CB Trumaine Johnson have exchanged numbers for a potential deal and maintained dialogue. However, there’s still a significant gap to bridge, which is why he gives them just a 10 percent chance of getting a deal done.
- Players with 5 percent or less chance of securing a long-term deal before the deadline, according to La Canfora, includes: Alshon Jeffery, Muhammad Wilkerson and Kirk Cousins.
Jason Cole of B/R is the latest to report that it appears “less and less likely” that Rams CB Trumaine Johnson, Bears WR Alshon Jeffery and Jets DL Muhammad Wilkerson will receive new contracts before Friday’s deadline.
The Browns released the following statement regarding the matter:
“We have spoken to Isaiah regarding his extremely disturbing and unacceptable social media decision. It was completely inappropriate and we have made him aware of our high level of disappointment. Isaiah has apologized but also knows that just an apology is insufficient and that he must take steps to make a positive difference after a very negative and impactful post.”
- A Nevada source tells Vincent Bonsignore of a potential Las Vegas stadium for the Raiders: “It’s going to happen. They have come too far. The Sands has worked too hard to let this fail.“