Mark Maske of the Washington Post runs through all of the franchise players and offers odds for each of them reaching a deal with their respective team before the upcoming deadline.
- Von Miller: Maske mentions that many within the NFL expect Broncos GM John Elway to find a way to get a deal done with Miller. With this in mind, Maske puts the odds of an agreement at a 60 percent.
- Kirk Cousins: Maske isn’t as optimistic about the Redskins and Cousins getting a deal done and puts the odds at just 30 percent.
- Muhammad Wilkerson: The odds are even worse for the Jets and Wilkerson, as Maske believes there’s just a 15 percent chance of an agreement.
- Sources have told Vincent Bonsignore that Las Vegas is not an option for the Chargers, despite some recent speculation they could consider Vegas as a fallback option to staying in San Diego.
- Rob Phillips of DallasCowboys.com points out that the Cowboys gave WR Andy Jones the largest signing bonus ($15,000) of any rookie free agent they signed this year.
- With this in mind, Phillips believes Jones could be a candidate for one of the final roster spots this summer.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that the best outcome for the Jets and free agent QB Ryan Fitzpatrick remains for the two parties to get in a room and work to find middle ground on a new contract.
- However, Florio admits that there is no indication that the Jets are willing to do this, considering that they’re the only team offering Fitzpatrick a starting job and what they feel is a competitive salary.