NFL Franchise Values
According to Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight.com, NFL franchise values grew at an annualized rate of 11.7 percent from 1991 to 2006 while under former commissioner Paul Tagliabue and just 3.5 percent annually since Roger Goodell took over in 2006.
Silver admits that a decline in the rate of growth for NFL franchises was likely inevitable. However, Silver mentions that due to the NFL’s brand success under previous commissioners, “even a mediocre commissioner could be in a position to look good.“
This is very interesting to consider, especially given that Goodell makes $44 million in annual compensation.
- TE Rob Gronkowski (knee) is listed as probable for Week 2.
- LB Dont’a Hightower and DE Chandler Jones were fined $16,537 for roughing the passer. (Jason La Canfora)
- Rookie linebacker C.J. Mosley was fined $8,268 for an unnecessary roughness hit last weekend. (Aaron Wilson)
- DE Jarvis Jenkins was fined $16,537 for a roughing the passer penalty during last week’s game. (Darin Gantt)
- CB Bashaud Breeland was fined $16,537 for a horse collar tackle during last week’s game. (Darin Gantt)