Free Agent Quarterbacks
Albert Breer of the NFL Network writes that there could be a better than expected free agent market for quarterbacks next year depending on how guys like Ryan Mallett and Mark Sanchez do with their new opportunities.
Brian Hoyer should garner a decent amount of interest in the event that the Browns are unable to get him under contract long-term before next March.
Breer mentions that a few teams including the Bills, Jets, Buccaneers and Rams could consider the idea of targeting one of these quarterbacks and move on from their current options.
- The Broncos have RB Montee Ball (groin) officially listed as questionable for Week 10 after he put in another limited practice on Friday.
- The Lions have DT Nick Fairley listed as out for Week 10. (Paula Pasche)
- TE Eric Ebron is doubtful for Sunday’s game while TEs Joe Fauria and Brandon Pettigrew are both questionable. (Paula Pasche)
- The Saints have ruled out RB Pierre Thomas, RB Khiry Robinson and LB David Hawthorne for Sunday’s game.
- HC Pete Carroll told reporters that C Max Unger and LT Russell Okung will play in Sunday’s game. (Liz Mathews)
- G James Carpenter will be a game-time decision. (Liz Mathews)
- LB Malcom Smith and S Kam Chancellor are doubtful for Week 10’s game.