Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Front Office, 49ers, Buccaneers & Vikings
NFL Notes: Front Office, 49ers, Buccaneers & Vikings
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that there may only be one or two open GM jobs next year, despite all of the coaching turnover expected in regards to head-coaching positions.
- La Canfora considers the 49ers’ GM position to be “the only sure thing” as the Rams and Jaguars could end up keeping Les Snead and Dave Caldwell respectively.
- La Canfora can’t see either Ravens executive Eric DeCosta, Steelers executive Omar Khan, Vikings executive George Paton or Seahawks executive Will McClay leaving their current posts.
- In regards to who could be the top candidates for GM positions, La Canfora mentions Chiefs personnel executive Chris Ballard, Trent Kirchner of the Seahawks and Eliot Wolf of the Packers as names to watch.
- 49ers RB Carlos Hyde will undergo an MRI for his knee injury his injured knee, but they’re cautiously optimistic that this isn’t a severe issue.
- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said of the decision to bench RB Doug Martin for yesterday’s game: “We have four backs and we can’t give them all touches.” (Associated Press)
- Adam Schefter reports that the Vikings defensive backs only freelanced on the first series of plays against the Packers during Sunday’s loss, which left Terence Newman to cover WR Jordy Nelson.
- According to Schefter, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer addressed the team on the sidelines after the series and the situation was corrected.
- A source told Schefter that the situation got “blown out of proportion” by Zimmer’s post game comments.
Tags Carlos Hyde Chris Ballard Dave Caldwell Doug Martin Eliot Wolf Eric DeCosta George Paton Les Snead Mike Zimmer Omar Khan Terence Newman Trent Kirchner Will McClay