NFL Notes: Johnny Manziel, Bills, & Giants
- TMZ reports that free agent QB Johnny Manziel was removed from a Las Vegas nightclub after an alleged altercation with another man.
- According to Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News, Bills OT Cyrus Kouandjio is in the mix to start at right tackle.
- However, Carucci suggests that Kouandjio is facing a “make-or-break” season, since he has not effectively produced since being drafted in the second round in 2014.
- Jordan Raanan believes there is a “strong chance” the Giants sign a veteran wide receiver near the start of training camp and mentions Anquan Boldin and Andre Johnson as potential free agent options.
- Raanan expects TE Will Tye to be the Giants’ Week 1 starter, given there is still uncertainty regarding the timetable of Larry Donnell‘s neck injury.
- As for other options at tight end, Raanan says Matt LaCosse may be the Giants’ best all-around option at the position, while sixth-round rookie Jerell Adams also provides depth.
Tags andre johnson Anquan Boldin Cyrus Kouandjio Jerell Adams Johnny Manziel Larry Donnell Matt LaCosse Will Tye