Home / Giants / NFL Notes: Giants, Jets, Patriots, & Ravens
NFL Notes: Giants, Jets, Patriots, & Ravens
- Jordan Raanan of NJ.com reports that the Giants signed CFL OL Brett Jones to a three-year contract, which includes no guaranteed money.
- According to Raanan, Jones receives minimum salaries of $435,000 (2015), $525,00 (2016), and $615,000 (2017), if he’s able to make the Giants 53-man roster.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that the Jets face a tough call in regards to OLB Quinton Coples‘ fifth-year option.
- According to Cimini, the Jets could elect to decline Coples’ option in the hope of providing some extra motivation next year.
- Ben Volin mentions that he’s keeping an eye on Dolphins DT Randy Starks as a potential cap casualty who would be a great fit with the Patriots.
- Aaron Wilson seems to suggest that the Ravens could be an option for RB Chris Johnson now that the Jets have declined his option.
- Last year, Johnson was reluctant to consider the Ravens due to Ray Rice being on their roster, but they’re obviously in a much different situation now.
Tags Brett Jones Chris Johnson Quinton Coples Randy Starks