Home / Giants / NFL Notes: Giants, Lions, Seahawks, Steelers
NFL Notes: Giants, Lions, Seahawks, Steelers
- According to Dan Duggan of NJ.com, the Giants are “pushing to get a long-term deal done” with franchise DE Jason Pierre-Paul before free agency officially opens next week. However, no deal is considered imminent at this point in time.
- Multiple league sources tell Duggan that the Giants want to re-sign DT Johnathan Hankins, but it’s unlikely they’ll be able to match market-value offers.
- The Giants are expected to tender a contract to restricted free agent DE Kerry Wynn, according to Duggan.
- As of now, the Giants haven’t expressed interest in free agent LT Kelvin Beachum, despite being in the market for help at the position.
- James Kratch of NJ.com writes that the Giants should seriously consider pursuing veteran WR Brandon Marshall once he’s officially released by the Jets.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN reports that Lions RB Ameer Abdullah (foot) has been fully cleared by doctors to resume playing.
- Lions GM Bob Quinn also indicated that they will not overwork Abdullah in 2017 and said he is comfortable with other RBs Theo Riddick, Zach Zenner, and Dwayne Washington getting carries.
- Overall, Quinn believes the team’s running game must improve in all phases: “We’ve just got to improve the entire running game. That includes, like, how the receivers block, how the tight ends block, the offensive line, the play-calling. Like, everything needs to get evaluated and we’re in the middle of that process right now.”
- The Seahawks officially announced two additions to their coaching staff and changes to titles for four other members.
- Additions include Tom Donatell as a defensive quality control coach and Clint Hurtt as defensive line coach.
- Seattle changed the titles for Heath Farwell to assistant special teams coach, John Glenn to assistant linebackers coach, Chad Morton to running backs coach, and Nick Sorensen to assistant defensive backs coach.
- According to Jason Cole, the Steelers have expressed interest in Buccaneers impending free agent QB Mike Glennon as a backup.
Tags Ameer Abdullah Bob Quinn Brandon Marshall Chad Morton Clint Hurtt Dwayne Washington Heath Farwell Jason Pierre-Paul John Dorsey John Glenn Johnathan Hankins Kelvin Beachum Kerry Wynn Mike Glennon Nick Sorensen Theo Riddick Tom Donatell Zach Zenner