Home Giants NFL Notes: Giants, Packers, Redskins, Titans
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN writes that even though the Giants have signed OL D.J. Fluker to a contract, they likely aren’t done addressing the unit and believes they could still make “multiple additions” before all is said and done.
- As of now, the expectation is that Fluker will play guard for New York, but there’s still a chance that they could bring back John Jerry. (NFLTR)
- According to Rob Demovsky, he has heard that the Packers’ best offer to free agent G T.J. Lang wasn’t close to the three-year, $28.5 million contract with $19 million guaranteed he got from the Lions.
- Instead, Demovsky says that the Packers’ offer was closer to three years at $21.5 million with just $6.5 million guaranteed.
- Demovsky adds that Lang would have re-signed with the Green Bay had their offer been closer to what he had from Detroit.
- Rich Tandler of CSN Mid-Atlantic writes that the Redskins will have to “look hard” at releasing veteran DL Ricky Jean Francois if they sign a defensive lineman in the coming weeks.
- According to Tandler, it’s likely Washington will either release S DeAngelo Hall or ask him to take a pay cut, regardless of who they bring in this offseason.
- Other roster moves that could free up some more cap space for the Redskins, according to Tandler, include cutting G Shawn Lauvao restructuring LT Trent Williams‘ contract and, of course, signing franchise QB Kirk Cousins to a long-term deal.