- The Giants specifically reduced Schwartz’s 2015 base salary from $3.675 million to $1.675 million, but will give him a chance to earn the $1.5 million back in per game roster bonuses.
- Schwartz will now get $500,000 of his 2016 salary guaranteed as part of this move.
- Schwartz’s cap figures for 2015 drops from $4.975 million to $2.845 million.
Panthers GM Dave Gettleman mentioned that free agent acquisition Michael Oher will play left tackle.
“We feel very strongly that he can be an answer for us,” Gettleman said. “He’ll be inserted at left tackle, and we’ll go from there.”
Ravens RB Bernard Pierce was arrested for driving under the influence early Wednesday morning.
“We are aware of the situation and learning more about it. We take these matters seriously,” said a Ravens team spokesman.
Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writes that the Steelers will be looking to add some cornerback help with their $6.24 million in available cap space.
- The Steelers met with CB Patrick Robinson and have CB Sterling Moore visiting with them on Wednesday.
- Bouchette mentions that Pittsburgh could free up an additional $3.75 million in salary cap space by releasing S Troy Polamalu or they could push that figure up to $6 million by designating him as a post-June 1 release.
- One another option for the Steelers would be to sign DE Cameron Heyward to an extension given that he’s playing under his non-guaranteed fifth-year option $6.969 million.
- According to Bouchette, the Steelers would like to extend the contract of LT Kelvin Beachum.