Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Peyton Manning, Giants, Jets, Ravens, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Peyton Manning, Giants, Jets, Ravens, & Steelers
- Tom Pelissero reports Broncos QB Peyton Manning is in Charlotte visiting a specialist, presumably Dr. Robert Anderson, who happens to foot specialist.
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak when asked if Manning could be done for the season had this to say: “We’re day to day, week to week.” (Tom Pelissero)
- Jets HC Todd Bowles says QB Ryan Fitzpatrick will start this week and that there wasn’t much of a debate. (Ian Rapoport)
- Bowles said that their decision to cut former first-round pick Quinton Coples was due to him being better as an inside defensive lineman, and their depth. (Brian Costello)
- Field Yates reports that new Ravens starting QB Matt Schaub earns a $500,000 bonus by playing five percent of the team’s offensive snaps, which increases to $1 million if he plays ten percent of the snaps.
- After hearing from doctors, Jeff Zrebiec mentions that Ravens B Joe Flacco has a “real good” chance to be ready for the start of the 2016 season, despite tearing his ACL and MCL.
- Ian Rapoport points out that recently released QB Jimmy Clausen worked with Ravens OC Marc Trestman, so this could be something to keep an eye on in regards to their backup quarterback situation.
- Steelers QB Michael Vick says he’d like to play one more season, and would love for that to be with the Steelers, even if he has to beat out Landry Jones for the backup job. (Ed Bouchette)
Tags Daniel Fells David Fales Jimmy Clausen Justin Pugh Landry Jones Larry Donnell Marc Trestman Matt Schaub Michael Vick Peyton Manning Prince Amukamara Quinton Coples Ryan Fitzpatrick