League spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed that free agent DE Greg Hardy will be able to sign a contract with a new team, even if he remains on the commissioner’s exempt list.
“There’s nothing to prevent a player on the Exempt list without a contract from signing a new one,” Aiello said, per Steve Reed of the Associated Press.
- Seahawks free agent CB Byron Maxwell said that the biggest factor for him will be the defensive scheme, as he wants to remain in a Cover 3 system next year. (Nick Underhill)
- You would have to think the Falcons will be a strong suitor for Maxwell given that they hired former Seahawks DC Dan Quinn as their new head coach.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Vikings spent an “extensive amount of time” with Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory before the start of Thursday Pro Day.
- Purdue DE Ryan Russell met with the Cardinals and Eagles during the Boilermakers’ Pro Day.
- Clemson DE/OLB Vic Beasley said he really connected with Falcons HC Dan Quinn during a recent meeting. (Vaughn McClure)
- They discussed the idea of him possibly playing the “LEO” position.
- Beasley said he expects to visit with the Falcons on March 30. (Vaughn McClure)
- Rich Cimini reports that the Jets remain interested in re-signing DL Kenrick Ellis, but he wants to explore market.