- Person adds that there are no specifics regarding what the NFL will receive as part of this deal.
- However, the Hardy investigation could end this at some point this week, according to Person.
- ESPN’s Mel Kiper believes Baylor QB Bryce Petty and Colorado State QB Garrett Grayson will be second-round picks. (Matthew Fairburn)
- Tony Pauline reports that the Giants, Packers, Rams, Patriots, Bills and Chargers were among the teams on hand for Nevada QB Cody Fajardo’s Pro Day.
Cardinals HC Bruce Arians strongly implied that he would like to come away from the draft with a running back.
“In the draft, it’s still speed,” Arians said, via AzCardinals.com. “Speed at running back, speed at receiver, speed at linebacker, another interior player.
“This might be the best group (of running backs) top to bottom that I’ve seen in about 10 years,” Arians added. “There’s some teams in college running the ball and not just at the top two or four guys but all the way down. There are 15 really quality running backs in this draft.”
Darren Urban mentions that he still thinks it’s unlikely Arizona will end up taking a running back with their first pick and would instead prefer to go with an edge pass rusher.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that Colts G.M. Ryan Grigson, who also is entering the final year of his contract, could also enter the 2015 season without an extension like HC Chuck Pagano.
Florio adds that owner Jim Irsay could find someone who’s cable of getting more out of QB Andrew Luck and the rest of the team’s talent unless Grigson and Pagano are able to take the next step in 2015.
- Dane Brugler reports that the Cowboys will host UCLA LB Eric Kendricks for a visit in the coming weeks.