“I left Rick a voicemail,” Jennings told KFAN this morning. “I told [them], I’m waiting on you guys.”
According to Jennings, his 2015 season with the Dolphins was “humbling.”
“It was a humbling year,” Jennings admitted. “This is what I desire. I desire to be home with my family. The only way I’m home with my family is if the Vikings pick up the phone and call me.”
Jennings also believes the Vikings could benefit from having a veteran presence in their locker room this season.
“I know what Teddy missed. Sometimes you take for granted the veteran guys in the locker room…when I look at the Vikings I see a young team. A team of guys with great leadership on the defensive side of the ball specifically. In a wide receiver room, where’s the veteran? Where’s the leadership? Where’s the accountability?”
- According to Tony Pauline, Texas A&M OT Germain Ifedi met with the Saints and Colts on Tuesday, and is scheduled to meet with the Browns following his Pro Day, Wednesday.
- Pauline added that Ifedi will be visiting the Lions, Panthers, Bears, and Texans in the coming weeks and has already met with the Titans and Dolphins.
- Ifedi has scheduled workouts with the Cardinals, Buccaneers, Cowboys, Panthers, Texans, and Falcons this week, according to Pauline.
- Pauline also noted that the Texans really like Ifedi.
- According to Jason Cole of Bleacher Report, teams felt “unimpressed” with Memphis QB Paxton Lynch‘s throwing performance at the scouting combine, but still like his big arm and athleticism.
- Cole also notes that teams feel Lynch is the clear cut number three quarterback in the draft, but his draft position is contingent on where North Dakota St. QB Carson Wentz and Cal QB Jared Goff are selected.
- Cole mentioned that most teams still feel that Lynch will be taken in the first-round.
- A source tells Rand Getlin the Bengals recently worked out Ohio St. QB Cardale Jones.
- Western Carolina WR Karnorris Benson worked out for the Falcons, Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Steelers hosted two more safeties, Wednesday in Florida’s Keanu Neal and Darian Thompson, according to Mark Kaboly.
- Kaboly added that CB Tavon Young and OT Caleb Beneroch are also visiting the Steelers.
- Western Kentucky TE Tyler Higbee worked out with the Saints this week. (Nick Underhill)
- Maryland DE Yannick Ngakoue is among those visiting the Jaguars on Wednesday. (Mike Kaye)
- Stanford QB Kevin Hogan mentioned that his next two visits are the 49ers and Raiders, adding “the more visits I can do, the better.” (SiriusXM NFL Radio)
- Hogan also said that he’s already worked out for the Eagles, Buccaneers, and Browns. (SiriusXM NFL Radio)
- The Packers are bringing in BYU WR Mitch Mathews for a visit, according to Tony Pauline.
- Pauline added that Mathews is the type of receiver they like to take in the late rounds.
- Tony Pauline is told that the Giants are bringing in Ole Miss WR LaQuon Treadwell and DT Robert Nkemdiche for visits next week.