- Daniel Jeremiah can’t recall a prospect doing as well as Temple LB Haason Reddick has in the pre-draft process.
- Jeremiah mentions that Reddick was the most dominant player at the Senior Bowl and put together equally impressive Combine and Pro Day showing.
- Jeremiah believes there are “several” teams targeting Reddick and there’s a “good chance” he comes off the board in the top 10 picks. Should he last beyond that, Jeremiah can’t see him falling out of the top 20.
- Reddick visited the Cardinals, Redskins and Jaguars during the pre-draft process. (NFLTR)
An AFC scout tells Bucky Brooks that the value of interior pass rushers may very well be greater than edge rushers.
“Guys that can win on the inside are invaluable,” said the scout. “They disrupt the timing and rhythm of the quarterback with their instant pressure up the gut. I almost believe they are more valuable than edge rushers due to their ability to win immediately in the A gap.”
Brooks lists Stanford’s Solomon Thomas, Alabama’s Jonathan Allen, Florida State’s DeMarcus Walker, Kansas State’s Jordan Willis and Michigan State’s Malik McDowell as five interior pass rushers could have a big impact for teams in the coming years.
- Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com writes that if a someone like UCLA DE Takk McKinley falls into the early 20s, the Falcons should consider moving up to get him.
- Jeremiah believes McKinley would be a “perfect fit” in the Falcons’ defensive scheme and could be the missing piece for the unit.