Nate Davis of USA Today updates his NFL hot seat following the results from Week 9. According to Davis, the head coaches to keep an eye on during the second half of the season include:
- Giants HC Ben McAdoo
- Browns HC Hue Jackson
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis
- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter
- Bears HC John Fox
“It’s part of this business,” Kizer said, via Cleveland.com. “It has absolutely nothing to do with my development and where this team stands. It’s another way of letting me know that I need to step my game up.”
Giants rookie QB Davis Webb mentioned that he’s trying to a “sponge” and learn as much as he can during his time working with QB Eli Manning.
“[I’ll] be a sponge and learn from one of the best players to ever play this game. The best quarterback ever for this franchise,” Webb said, via NJ.com. “There have only been six other guys to throw for 50,000 yards. He’s been a heck of a teammate. He’s been helping me a bunch. I’ve learned so much from him.”
- The Packers previously entertained trade offers for QB Brett Hundley during this year’s draft and could have gotten a fourth-round pick for him, according to Rob Demovsky.
- However, a personnel executive tells Demovsky that Green Bay most likely would get “nothing” in return for Hundley based on his play so far. In fact, he believes Hundley’s trade value was likely at its highest after his rookie season.
- A scout tells Demovsky: “If he wins three games somebody might give up a midround pick for him.”
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy announced that TE Martellus Bennett will not practice this week and will Sunday’s game against the Bears. (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- While OT Justin McCray suffered an ankle injury on Monday, McCarthy thinks he’ll able to play this week. (Michael Cohen)
- As for their running back situation, McCarthy said he liked the rotation of Aaron Jones and Ty Montgomery. (Rob Devmosky)