Home Bears NFL Notes: Injured Reserve, Bears, Cowboys, Seahawks, & Texans
- Bill Polian said on SiriusXM NFL Radio that there was a lot of discussion at the league office today regarding the expansion of the number of players teams can take off the injured reserve. (Tom Pelissero)
- According to Polian, the NFL competition committee has access to injury data and knows how many players may have been able to come off the injured reserve during the season, with a possible number of four players being floated around. (Tom Pelissero)
- Bears tried out WR Bralon Addison on Tuesday, according to Howard Balzer.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Cowboys QB Tony Romo (back) won’t practice this week, despite some prior optimism that he could return for their Week 8 game against the Eagles.
- According to Rapoport, Romo is still rehabbing and isn’t ready to return to the team at this point.
- Alex Marvez believes the Seahawks need to trade for an offensive tackle and suggests 49ers’ Joe Staley and the Browns’ Joe Thomas as players Seattle should target since neither team is reportedly asking for a first-round pick for their veteran tackle.
- According to Marvez, Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said on 710 ESPN Monday that the team completing a trade before next Tuesday’s deadline was “not likely.”