NFL Notes: Jaguars, Jets, Seahawks
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN writes that while the Jaguars placed rookie WR Dede Westbrook on injured reserve following core muscle surgery, “it’s logical that the Jaguars are planning to bring Westbrook back as soon as possible.“
- Even so, DiRocco doesn’t expect much from Westbrook right away in terms of mitigating the loss of Allen Robinson.
- While there could be some notable free agents quarterback options available next year including Kirk Cousins and Drew Brees, Rich Cimini writes that the perfect scenario for the Jets would be to take highly rated college quarterback over a veteran free agent.
- Cimini points out that with the Jets rebuilding, getting a long-term solution at quarterback that can grow with the team and come at a cheaper rate would make the most sense for New York.
- Although, if something happens where the Jets end up considering free agent options, Cimini doesn’t view Brees as a great fit for them, considering his age and the fact that they’re rebuilding.
- Cousins will likely cost a huge contract and could be franchised for a third time.
- Cimini thinks Jimmy Garoppolo and Sam Bradford could be intriguing options for the Jets to at least consider next year.
- Brady Henderson of ESPN writes that the Seahawks looking to the trade market for offensive line help isn’t that simple, due to the available options and cost.
- Henderson mentions that the few notable offensive line upgrades that may be available would likely come with prohibitive asking prices in terms of draft compensation and/or salary.
- Browns LT Joe Thomas has come up as a trade candidate in recent years, but he’s making $8.8 million this year and Cleveland has resisted moving him, even though they’re still rebuilding.
- Another speculative option could be Texans holdout LT Duane Brown. Although, Henderson points out that the Seahawks would have to part with compensation and likely still give him a raise on top of his $9.4 million salary.
Tags Dede Westbrook Drew Brees Duane Brown Jimmy Garoppolo Joe Thomas Kirk Cousins Sam Bradford