Jaguars DC Todd Wash mentioned that they view recently acquired DT Marcell Dareus as a player who can “control the line of scrimmage” and be an “every-down” player for them.
“He can be dominant,” Wash said, via Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union. “He’s a guy that can obviously stay on the line of scrimmage and control the line of scrimmage extremely well and he has enough urgency and suddenness to push the pocket and get some pressure on the quarterback.
“He’s an every-down player, which is obviously something we needed to continue to add to our defense. He’s going to sturdy up some things.”
- The Lions ruled out LT Greg Robinson (ankle) from Week 9 and listed WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring) as doubtful. (Justin Rogers)
- Detroit also lists DE Ezekiel Ansah as doubtful and S Don Carey as questionable.
- The Packers officially list TE Martellus Bennett (shoulder), OLB Ahmad Brooks (back) and DT Quinton Dial (chest) as doubtful to play against the Lions on Monday.
- Green Bay has CB Damarious Randall (hamstring) and G Lane Taylor (ankle) listed as questionable and LB Joe Thomas (ankle) as out for Week 9.
- Redskins officially downgraded WR Jamison Crowder (hamstring) from questionable to out for Week 9’s game.