NFL Notes: Jaguars, Lions, Texans & Titans
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN mentions that Jaguars S Johnathan Cyprien should line up exclusively near the line of scrimmage this year, as long as he can beat out James Sample for the starting job.
- Despite recently hiring long-time defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, DiRocco doesn’t see the Jaguars making substantial changes to their defense in 2016.
- Jaguars HC Gus Bradley has said that they still have yet figure out what Kiffin’s exact role will be for them, but DiRocco believes it will include some one-field duties as well as advance scouting.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN believes Goergia OLB Leonard Floyd could be an option for the Lions at No. 16 overall.
- Rothstein considers offensive and defensive line as bigger roster needs, but Floyd would be a decent upgrade at outside linebacker.
- Should Clemson DE Shaq Lawson or Ohio State OT Taylor Decker be available to them in round one, Rothstein thinks they would be better picks than Floyd.
- In fact, Rothstein can see Detroit using their first two picks on a pass-rusher and an offensive lineman.
- Tania Ganguli of ESPN writes even though the Texans are still high on WR Jaelen Strong‘s future, it’s still possible they select a receiver early in this year’s draft.
- Ganguli believes the Texans should consider grabbing an offensive tackle in this year’s draft to shore up the position long-term.
- Another position where the Texans will be looking for upgrades, according to Ganguli , is at tight end. She lists Arkansas’ Hunter Henry, Ohio State’s Nick Vannett, South Carolina’s Jerell Adams and Stanford’s Austin Hooper as names worth keeping an eye on.
- Paul Kuharsky considers right tackle and cornerback to be the Titans’ top-two needs.
- According to Kuharsky, the Titans are wary of moving far back in round one. Kuharsky believes trading down to No. 15 overall would be too for them.
- Kuharsky could still see the Titans adding a few free agents after the draft, but they’re largely done in the free agent market.
Tags Austin Hooper Gus Bradley Hunter Henry Jaelen Strong James Sample Jerell Adams Johnathan Cyprien Leonard Floyd Monte Kiffin Nick Vannett Shaq Lawson Taylor Decker