Jaguars HC Dave Caldwell said that Luke Joeckel has had his best training camp with the team and will see some time at left guard during the preseason.
“Luke [Joeckel’s] probably had his best camp. I think it’s maturity in his growth and physical maturity,” Caldwell said, via Florida Times-Union. “All through camp, he’s been competing. Competition helps that, too, bringing Kelvin [Beachum] in, although Luke is not the type of guy who needs external motivation. So it’s going to be a good battle over these next couple of weeks to see where that ends up. Luke has done a really nice job at left guard for us in the time he’s been there in practice. He didn’t play there this [game] because we were short on numbers. I expect him to play some left guard in the preseason.”
- Packers announced that they have placed LS Jesse Schmitt on their injured reserve list.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN mentions that Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski and DE Jabaal Sheard, was at practice recently and has spoken to the team about a new deal for Gronkowski.
- However, the Patriots have several players to address in the coming years, including LB Jamie Collins, LB Dont’a Hightower and CB Malcolm Butler.
- According to Reiss, S Nate Ebner will receive a $250,000 reporting bonus upon returning to the team now that the U.S. rugby team is done.
- Saints HC Sean Payton said second-year DL Tyeler Davison would be the team’s starting nose tackle if the regular season started today. (Josh Katzenstein)