Home / Jaguars / NFL Notes: Jaguars, Packers, Ravens, & Texans
NFL Notes: Jaguars, Packers, Ravens, & Texans
- Michael DiRocco mentions that although Alan Ball has been their best cornerback when healthy, the Jaguars intend to move forward with Demetrius McCray, Dwayne Gratz and Aaron Colvin next year.
- DiRocco isn’t ready to completely right off RB Storm Johnson and believes he could develop into a solid player if he can prove to be a reliable pass protector.
- As for the draft, DiRocco mentions that Jacksonville could target help at defensive end and linebacker if they’re able to acquire a free safety in free agency.
- Packers S Morgan Burnett (calf) was been downgraded to questionable for Sunday’s game against the Bears.
- Aaron Wilson reports that G Jah Reid underwent surgery on his broken hand, but no decision has been made about whether or not he’ll be placed on season-ending injured reserve.
- Jamison Hensley writes that there is “no chance” of the Ravens re-signing veteran S Ed Reed to a contract.
- Hensley points to the “extremely steep” learning curve and his size as the main reasons why second-round pick ILB Arthur Brown hasn’t worked out for the Ravens.
- Hensley believes the Ravens’ top-three needs are at corner, wide receive and safety.
- According to Tania Ganguli of ESPN, “it will likely take a receiver taking an inexplicable nose dive or an injury for DeVier Posey to work his way back into the lineup.”
- Ganguli expects the Texans to turn to rookie QB Tom Savage if Ryan Mallett struggles in the coming weeks.
Tags Aaron Colvin Alan Ball Arthur Brown Demetrius McCray Devier Posey Dwayne Gratz Ed Reed Jah Reid Morgan Burnett Ryan Mallett Storm Johnson Tom Savage