- An anonymous scout tells Doug Kyed of NESN that FSU QB Jameis Winston’s shoulder is “bad” and could be a “real issue” in the long run.
Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that the Browns and free agent QB Brian Hoyer are waiting for a meeting between GM Ray Farmer and Hoyer to take place before anything progresses in regards to a new contract.
The fact that Farmer is involved in the texting investigation could play a role in whether Hoyer is back next year, seeing as some of his suggestions in the messages could be related to Hoyer.
- Fowler mentions that Jaguars free agent WR Cecil Shorts III is interested in returning home to Cleveland, and could be decent complimentary option to a prospect taken in this year’s draft.
- Former Browns OC Kyle Shanahan spoke very highly of OL Joel Bitonio, saying he’s “great” and the “best rookie lineman I ever coached.” (Tony Pauline)
- According to Tony Pauline, the Buccaneers are expected to target help at linebacker and offensive line in this year’s draft.
“When a guy had a big injury like Victor had, you can’t put all your eggs in his basket,” Reese said, via NFL.com. “Our doctors say he looks good, and I see him down in the training room working out with our doctors and he looks good. Until you get out there, though, his game is quickness. Until you get out there and move around, you never know how he’s going to recover from that.”
- The Jets are expected to be in the running for Seahawks free agent OL James Carpenter this offseason. (Tony Pauline)
- Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net reports that the Houston Texans are not happy with NT Louis Nix, and are expected to target another nose tackle next year.