Jason Cole reports that questions still remain from NFL teams regarding FSU QB Jameis Winston’s maturity.
- Cole has spoken to people within the league who are “scared” of Winston because “he acts like a ten-year-old.“
- This has reportedly led to some questioning whether or not Winston will be able to hand the spotlight if he ends up being the No. 1 overall pick in this year’s draft.
- Cole adds that even people within Winston’s camp have acknowledged the maturity concerns.
- According to Cole, there are no questions regarding Winston’s athletic ability.
- According to Ian Rapoport, FSU CB Ronald Darby has workouts/visits scheduled with the Buccaneers, Colts, Saints, Panthers, Jets, and Titans.
- Tony Pauline reports that all 32 teams were present for UConn’s Pro Day, and the Buccaneers, Jaguars and Bears all sent their defensive back coaches to watch CB Byron Jones.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Northwestern QB Trevor Siemian is visiting with the Broncos on Thursday and has a workout scheduled with the Bears.
Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said that they have no plans to cut ILB Derrick Johnson, who’s coming off of an Achilles injury.
“Derrick is obviously one of the greatest inside linebackers to ever play for the club and there are some pretty good ones, if you go back in time,” Hunt said, via The Kansas City Star. “In terms of the modern era of the Chiefs, it’s hard to think about the club without thinking about Derrick at inside linebacker. He’s a great leader, he’s a tremendous person, represents the club well on and off the field. We’re looking forward to having him back this year, hopefully good as new.
“You mentioned that his contract is up this year. There will be a point in time where we address that. But it just hasn’t been germane to this point.
- Tom Pelissero reports that new Bears DL Ray McDonald’s one-year contract includes no guaranteed money and has a base value of $1.05 million to go along with $450,000 in incentives.
- According to Pelissero, the contract also includes a $30,000 workout bonus, $50,000 bonus for one game on 53-man roster, $870,000 base salary, and $6,250 for each game he’s active.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Vikings have four people on hand, including general manager Rick Spielman for Florida State’s Pro Day.
- According to Pauline, the Vikings are concentrating on the FSU defensive backs.