A half dozen scouts and coaches told Albert Breer that FSU QB Jameis Winston’s Pro Day confirmed what they’ve seen on tape.
“Good performance as it relates to throwing the ball,” said an AFC executive, per Breer. “No surprises either way, based on what he showed on tape.”
- However, there are still concerns regarding Winston’s immaturity, according to Breer.
- Jason Cole spoke to an NFL executive who said Winston “scares me.”
- Rand Getlin reports that South Carolina G A.J. Cann has 14 visits/workouts scheduled with NFL teams including the Ravens, Saints, Vikings, and Buccaneers.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Albany TE Brian Parker will work out for the Eagles and visit with the Bengals. Wilson adds that Parker also has interest from the Vikings, Bills, and Seahawks.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he expects franchised WR Dez Bryant to participate in offseason workouts, even without a long-term contract in place.
“I’m not worried about that at all, and it’s because of how much he loves the game, how much he knows that preparation, practice, all of that improves him,’’ Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “He’s at a time in his career where he’s physically still very much improving and can get better. We know that all of this offseason work helps prevent injury. He’s got every incentive in the world to do that.
“And of course we all know how much he loves to just get out there and play football, whether it’s in a game or whether it’s practicing. He makes an average guy’s work look like it’s a stroll in the park for him, as far as his enjoying preparing to play. So, no, I’m not (concerned).’’
- Tim Twentyman reports that the Lions hosted Central Florida WR Breshad Perriman in for a pre-draft visit on Wednesday.
- According to ESPN’s Ed Werder, the Patriots made LB Rolando McClain a similar offer to the contract he signed with the Cowboys — $3 million base salary and $1 million play-time incentives.