- Mike Freeman of the Bleacher Report mentions that saying FSU QB Jameis Winston has been doing incredibly well in combine interviews is a dramatic understatement.
- Giants GM Jerry Reese said that they are in talks with DE Jason Pierre-Paul, but wouldn’t offer much beyond that.
“We are talking,” Reese said, per Ebenezer Samuel. “But that’s really all I am going to say about that.”
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN writes that there are a number of options for Riley Reiff next year including: keeping him at left tackle, moving him to right tackle, or move him inside to guard.
- Rothstein mentions that the Lions clearly want to have K Matt Prater back next year, but it will obviously come down to money and the number of years he’s looking for.
- Rothstein’s sense is that they will eventually get a deal in place with Prater at some point.
- The Lions have other free agent defensive tackles to consider including Andre Fluellen or C.J. Mosley. Rothstein thinks the Lions can keep Fluellen on a cheap contract, but admits Mosley could get more than the veteran’s minimum.
- Detroit will face some decisions regarding CBs Josh Thomas and Cassius Vaughn and whether they’ll be back next year.
- Ben Volin mentions that Patriots HC Bill Belichick “loves” RB Tyler Gaffney and stashed him for a reason.
- Gaffney is reportedly progressing well from his ACL injury.
- John Keim’s “gut feeling” is that the Redskins will target an edge rusher at No. 5 overall such as Randy Gregory, Dante Fowler or Shane Ray.
- Keim mentions that just because the Redskins have said that they play to have Robert Griffin III be their starter in 2015 doesn’t mean they move on from Kirk Cousins.