Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: James Conner, Broncos, Falcons, Redskins, Vikings
NFL Notes: James Conner, Broncos, Falcons, Redskins, Vikings
- Adam Schefter reports that Pittsburgh RB James Conner, who missed most of the 2015 season with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, received a clean scan on Thursday.
- Mike Klis of 9News mentioned that Bengals OT Andrew Whitworth could be among the free agent targets for the Broncos this offseason.
- Klis mentions that the Broncos are shifting to a power scheme and new HC Vance Joseph was with Whitworth in Cincinnati a few years ago.
- According to Nicki Jhabavala, free agent DT Earl Mitchell is expected to make the trip and meet with the Falcons after finishing his visit with the Broncos on Thursday.
- John Keim of ESPN writes that while the Redskins have ruled out the possibility of re-signing free agent WRs DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon, the possibility of either them departing in free agency “remains strong.”
- Keim mentions that the Redskins haven’t spoken to Jackson or Garcon about new contracts and appear content on letting them go in free agency.
- There’s a still a chance that Redskins could make either player a competitive offer in the coming weeks, but Keim takes the lack of talks up to this point as a pretty clear sign that they will allow them to consider other options.
- Interestingly enough, Keim believes Garcon could have more suitors in free agency while Jackson is more likely to get a bigger contract.
One free agent possibility for the Redskins to replace one of them, according to Keim, could be Kenny Britt.
- Vikings GM Rick Spielman said he would do the Sam Bradford trade all over again “in a millisecond.” Spielman added that Bradford has a chance to be pretty good. Won’t discuss extension. (Tom Pelissero)
- According to Spielman, there’s still no timeline for QB Teddy Bridgewater to return from his knee injury. Spielman added that it’s “totally unfair” to put a timetable on this situation but he added that “everybody’s hoping” he’ll be able to play again. (Tom Pelissero)
- Spielman expects there to be an announcement from Chad Greenway about whether or not he’s retiring from the NFL at some point before the start of free agency. (Matt Vensel)
- Spielman said HC Mike Zimmer is still waiting to have another eye procedure performed, which is likely to take place in April due to team-related travel. (Matt Vensel)
- The Vikings have hired Derik Keyes as their new assistant strength coach. (Matt Vensel)
- Vikings free agent CB Captain Munnerlyn tells Sirius XM NFL Radio that he hasn’t had any conversations with the Minnesota about a new deal up to this point. Munnerlyn added that he expects to have a decent free agent market for myself but he would like to return to Minnesota.
Tags Andrew Whitworth Captain Munnerlyn Chad Greenway Derik Keyes DeSean Jackson Earl Mitchell James Conner Kenny Britt Mike Zimmer Pierre Garçon Rick Spielman Sam Bradford Teddy Bridgewater Vance Joseph