Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Jared Cook, Bengals, Giants, Raiders
NFL Notes: Jared Cook, Bengals, Giants, Raiders
- Rob Demovsky of ESPN reports that the Raiders officially signed TE Jared Cook to a two-year, $10.6 million contract that includes another $1.6 million in “not likely to be earned incentives” based on playing time, receptions and the Pro Bowl.
- In 2017, Cook gets a $2.5 million guaranteed roster bonus on the 13th day of the league year, a $2.5 million base salary and a $300,000 workout bonus.
- In 2018, Cook will make a $5 million base salary and a $300,000 workout bonus. So it’s considerably less than the what Martellus Bennett got from the Packers in his three-year, $21 million deal. Bennett will make $8.05 million the first year and $14.5 million total in the first two years.
- Demovsky points out that this is considerably less than the Packers signed Martellus Bennett to a few weeks ago.
- Paul Dehner Jr. mentions that the recent addition of Kevin Minter won’t prevent the Bengals from drafting Alabama LB Reuben Foster, as Minter receives just a one-year deal and isn’t a long-term solution right now.
- According to Jordan Raanan, it’s looking unlikely that the Giants will draft a potential replacement to long-time QB Eli Manning this year.
- Although, Raanan mentions that they could still take someone in the middle rounds, even after signing veteran QBs Josh Johnson and Geno Smith.
- Raanan has heard that the Giants would like to bring in a physical, power running back to go along with Paul Perkins. With this in mind, Raanan could still LeGarrette Blount being a decent option for them to consider.
- Jason Cole of B/R reported a few days ago that the Raiders have been speaking to developers about a Las Vegas stadium, including Majestic Realty run by Ed Roski among others.
- According to Cole, if the Raiders go with Majestic Realty as developers, it would go a long way toward easing the concerns from some NFL owners, who still have doubts about the team relocating to Las Vegas.
- As for a possible vote, Cole says it’s on the agenda for the NFL owners meeting coming up on March 27. However, one question will be whether a Las Vegas lease will be done.
Tags Eli Manning Geno Smith Jared Cook Josh Johnson Kevin Minter LeGarrette Blount Martellus Bennett Reuben Foster