- Jeremiah admits that Stidham lacks elite size for the position, but he’s big enough that it shouldn’t be a big issue. According to Jeremiah, Stidham’s arm strength stands out along with his quick game accuracy and deep ball placement coming off play action.
- Some areas where Stidham can improve, according to Jeremiah, are with his patience in the pocket and eliminate some of the unnecessary hits he takes as a runner.
- Jeremiah says that Stidham reminds him of Derek Carr, given their similar body type and excellent athleticism for the position.
“You can’t turn your back on someone when they going through something,” Jackson tells TMZ Sports.
Jackson added that it’s a “tough situation” — but he believes Winston is a “good dude and a good teammate.”
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times mentions that Seahawks RB Chris Carson appeared to be the clear No. 1 running back at the end of minicamp and he should be the team’s Week 1 starter should he remain healthy.
- Regarding first-round RB Rashaad Penny, Condotta says that the team has touted Penny’s receiving skills and even floated the idea of using him as a third-down, two-minute back.
- While Mike Davis, C.J. Prosise and J.D. McKissic could all factor into the rotation to some degree, it appears as though the starting job will most likely come down to Carson and Penny.
- As for the team’s pass rush, Condotta expects the Seahawks to go aggressively go after pass rushers who become available at the start of training camp.