Florio mentions that if JPP had shown up and signed his franchise tender before Week 1, the Giants would have been forced to decide whether he was fit to play.
New York would obviously have weighed the risk of paying JPP the $870,000 under his franchise tender, and the kind of production they would get from him this year, despite the fact that he has a severely damaged hand.
According to Florio, if the Giants’ decision came down to whether or not it was worth it for them, Pierre-Paul could have filed a grievance against them, and asked to have an independent assessment of his ability to play.
Florio adds that if JPP had done this by September, the matter would have already been resolved. Now he’s at risk of losing over $870,000 per week.
Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports that the 49ers had a players-only meeting around four weeks ago that resulted in one player calling out QB Colin Kaepernick.
However, another 49ers’ player came to Kaepernick’s defense and their differences were cleared up, according to Maiocco.
- Broncos HC Gary Kubiak says rookie LT Ty Sambrailo will start if his left shoulder is ready for Sunday night’s game against the Packers. (Mike Klis)
- However, they aren’t sure if he’ll be able to suit up in Week 8. (Mike Klis)
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett told reporters that he addressed DE Greg Hardy following his sideline incident on Sunday. (Desmond Purnell)
- Garrett adds that Hardy won’t be disciplined for his actions that included fighting with special teams coordinator. (Desmond Purnell)
- Chris Tomasson reports Vikings C John Sullivan re-aggravated his back injury and had another procedure done, which will likely end his 2015 season.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer says DT Sharrif Floyd had a piece of torn cartilage in his ankle removed. (Mark Craig)
- As of now, there’s no timetable for his return. (Mark Craig)