Giants HC Tom Coughlin told reporters on Wednesday that DE Jason Pierre-Paul will practice over the next two days.
New York had been hoping for a Week 10 return, but it now looks like Pierre-Paul will make his season debut this weekend.
“JPP is in outstanding physical condition so we feel good about accelerating him along,” said Coughlin.
Ian Rapoport points out that Pierre-Paul’s contract is includes play-time and other incentives based on his performance over seven weeks. However, with him likely returning for Week 9’s game, he’ll now have eight weeks to reach his incentives.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Colts QB Andrew Luck, who had been battling through rib and shoulder injuries, is now fully healthy.
“That ship’s sailed,” Stephen Jones said, via Schuyler Dixon of The Associated Press. “We’d make that decision over, same decision, we’d make it again. We have to develop, structure a football team with the salary cap. You can’t pay a top receiver, a top quarterback, a top pass rusher, a top left tackle. You’ve got to make hard decisions.”
- Joel Corry of CBS Sports offers three ways for the Cowboys to structure a contract extension for DE Greg Hardy, who will be a free agent at season’s end.
- Giants HC Tom Coughlin declined to comment on their actions leading up the NFL trade deadline. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- However, Ian Rapoport reports that the Giants did make calls to teams about pass-rushers.
- Ravens signed WR Chuck Jacobs to their practice squad.
- Ravens released TE Konrad Reuland from their practice squad.