- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Bears QB Jay Cutler is expected to miss the remainder of the 2016 season and may have played his last snap for the team.
- Cole points out that if the Bears allow Cutler to return from his shoulder injury and play, and he gets hurt again, they would be on the hook for over $1 million guaranteed in 2017.
- ith this in mind, Cole says that Chicago will likely shut him down and either release or trade him next year.
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians, who was hospitalized on Monday for chest pains, will be back for Week 12’s game against the Falcons. (Kent Somers)
- Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star reports that the Chiefs worked out free agent long snappers Clint Gresham and Thomas Gafford this past weekend.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Dolphins could be without three starting offensive linemen for Week 12’s game against the 49ers.
- Cole says that LT Brandon Albert and C Mike Pouncey are questionable this week and Miami won’t know Laremy Tunsil‘s status until later this week.
- A team source did, however, mention that he’s hopeful they’ll get all three players back in the coming weeks.
Patriots HC Bill Belichick mentioned that OC Josh McDaniels and DC Matt Patricia should be on any list of head-coaching candidates with Nick Caserio on any GM list.
“The comment that I would have would be number one – I think that both Josh [McDaniels] and Matt [Patricia] . . . are great coaches,” Belichick said, via Pro Football Talk. “[They] should absolutely be on any head coaching list. I can’t imagine that there are many other coaches that could present a resumé equal or comparable to theirs. They’ve done a great job here for a sustained period of time so a great track record. I think, I personally think, that a list of head coaching candidates that didn’t include them would be incomplete. A similar comment on the General Manager thing with Nick [Caserio], which I don’t know if he was or wasn’t included. I think somebody told me that he wasn’t included, so I would have the same comment for him. He does a tremendous job as well. I can’t imagine any list not having those three people.”