Matt Miller reports that one NFL team doesn’t have Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith on their draft board at all and they’re concerned that he may never play again.
Of course, other teams may see things different, but there’s obvious serious concern about his football career following the serious knee injury he suffered last year.
A report from Monday mentioned that Smith is dealing with “drop foot“, which David Chao explains is a peroneal nerve palsy where it is difficult to lift foot for walking or running.
Jason Cole reports that Eastern Kentucky DE/OLB Noah Spence is considered by many around the league to be best pure pass-rusher in this year’s draft class.
However, Cole’s sources have said that Spence could end up falling into the second round due to the obvious off-the-field issues that plagued his college career.
- Spence is traveling to New York for an official visit with the Jets on Wednesday. (Matt Miller)
- Rand Getlin reports that Ohio State TE Nick Vannett has had workouts and/or visits with the , , , , , and .
- Virginia Tech CB Kendall Fuller visiting with the Titans on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Lions are hosting Notre Dame CB KeiVarae Russell for a pre-draft visit. (Dave Birkett)
- Eastern Michigan RB Darius Jackson is visiting with the Texans on Tuesday. (Aaron Wilson)