Former Rams HC Jeff Fisher continues to make the media rounds since being fired by Los Angeles last week.
Fisher reiterated in an interview with ESPN LA’s “Mornings with Keyshawn, Jorge & LZ” he wants to coach in the NFL game.
“I want to be a head coach, and I want to coach ‘ball,” Fisher said, via ESPN.com.” “If the opportunity comes up, I’ll be working very, very closely with the GM, who I would hope would be my boss and let me coach, and make the decisions, make the personnel decisions and the day-to-day stuff that needs to get done.”
Fisher brought up a number of things he believes contributed to the team’s poor performance this season including the move to L.A. and losing players in free agency.
“I’m disappointed, but I didn’t win enough games,” Fisher said. “I get that part. I didn’t get to see this through. We were making strides. The move took a toll. It really took a toll on, I think, everybody, considering what we started doing back in January.”
“I was told that there wasn’t going to be any issues – they were going to be re-signed – and we lost them,” Fisher said of S Rodney McLeod and CB Janoris Jenkins. “Janoris got votes for Defensive Player of the Year. That side of it – it doesn’t fall into my lap. … Because of the move, in retrospect and everything, things just got a little out of perspective, and we lost two really good football players.”
- Bears CB Kyle Fuller was asked why he won’t return from injured reserve, despite being designated to return: “I still have pain in my knee.” (Zach Zaidman)
- Fuller denied DC Vic Fangio’s recent comments that he didn’t want to return from his knee injury and said he would like to be back with the Bears next year. (Zach Zaidman)
Cardinals HC Bruce Arians made it clear he plans to be back with the team next year, despite some reports that he could weigh retirement.
“I’ll be back,” Arians said, via ESPN.com, Tuesday. “I ain’t going nowhere.”
- Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald said of the possibility of retiring next year: “I don’t know what I am doing next year. I don’t know how much more definitive I can be.” (Darren Urban)
Panthers LB Luke Kuechly said he has no plans to return, despite suffering a concussion that has kept him out for several weeks now.
“I know you appreciate those guys who want what is best for you and it’s a thing we’ll learn more about,” Kuechly said. via NFL.com. “I trust what our doctors have to say. I trust our coaches and all those guys. I want to get out there and play. This most recent time — just like the last time — everyone said ‘you‘re good to go’. Just let it get better and then go from there. I’m excited whenever the opportunity is but I’m holding that retirement word for a little ways down the road so it’s something you appreciate everyone’s concern but whenever my opportunity comes back, I’ll be back out there.”